Welcome fellow RNA member, Amanda James...




1.)              What was your first job? Did you like or dislike it? Why?
I was an apprentice hairdresser straight from school. I liked the idea of becoming a hairdresser but I ended up in a really snooty salon and couldn’t cope with being bossed about! I eventually became a teacher so it all worked out in the end.

2.)              Do you have a pet peeve? If so what is it?
I would like people to be honest and say what they mean instead of beating about the bush. We all do it to an extent, but I wish we didn’t.

3.)              Would you describe your style as shabby chic, timeless elegance, eclectic, country or _Eclectic I think.__­­­_?

4.)              Tell me about your book Summer in Tintagel and where you got your inspiration for it? It is about young journalist, Rosa Fernley’s quest to fulfil her grandmother’s dying wishes by visiting the mysterious Tintagel in Cornwall. When she gets there she comes face-to-face with the fact that many things she’s always believed about her life and her past are untrue. She also meets a mysterious psychic that knows more about Rosa than she does herself.

I was inspired by the area itself as I am lucky enough to only live forty-minutes away. Tintagel is full of history and mystery and the story came to me when I was walking round the old castle.

5.)              Who is your role model? Why?
The suspense writer Dean Kontz because he is a master at what he does.

6.)              How much of your book is realistic?
Lots of it. The setting is real and the history behind it. The main character, Rosa does have a sixth sense however, which some people might not see as realistic. However, a small part of the story is based on what a psychic once told me.

7.)              What are your ambitions for your writing career?
To carry on getting my books published and for readers to enjoy them.

8) Share one fact about yourself that would surprise people.

I wish I could fly. Not on a plane – I mean like a superhero type flying!

This is a link to my author page which has info about me and the blurb. http://urbanepublications.com/book_author/amanda-james/

Summer in Tintagel (Urbane Publications July 2016)
Cross Stitch (Choc Lit December 2014)
Somewhere Beyond the Sea ( Choc Lit April 2014)
Dancing in the Rain (Choc Lit March 2014)
A Stitch in Time (Choc Lit) - http://www.choc-lit.com/
Righteous Exposure (Crooked Cat) - http://www.crookedcatbooks.com/

No comments

Post a Comment