Welcome historical/YA author, Christina Courtenay/Pia Fenton...


 I am thrilled to welcome Pia Fenton/Christina Courtenay to my blog today! Hi, Pia :D As Pia is a fellow member of the Romantic Novelists Association and a regular visitor to the Bath/Wiltshire Chapter meetings, I am lucky enough to call Pia my friend as well as fellow author. Let's start the interview...cannot wait to find out about your latest releases, lovely lady!

1.    What do you wish men understood about women? – Everything/anything!  On second thoughts, perhaps it’s better that we remain an enigma to them?

2.    Do you only work on one book at a time?No, I work on lots of different things at the same time – at least two stories/works in progress, edits of other completed books and research for yet more.  And if I get random scenes into my head I have to write them down immediately so I don’t forget them.  I get bored easily so this sort of jumping around works for me J

3.    Who is your favorite fictional couple?Probably Claire and Jamie from Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series, but I also really liked Winter de Ballesteros and Alex Randall in M M Kaye’s Shadow of the Moon – a classic

4.    Favorite TV show? – Time Team (love archaeology!) and The Musketeers but I also loved Once Upon a Time (very cross that we can’t see series 3 and 4 of that over here in the UK!)

5.    Do you set daily writing goals? Word count? Number of chapters? Do you get a chance to write every day? – No to all of those.  I write whenever I can and whenever I feel inspired, but I have to fit it around lots of other things so I never know when that will be, although I do try to write something every day.

6.    Who was the last person you hugged? – My two lovely daughters.

7.    What are you working on now? – I’m working on a new time slip novel based on the English Civil War (I just love the Cavaliers!) and I’m also working on a couple of different YA stories – the third book in my New England series and the first in a fantasy series.

8.    Tell us about your latest release and where we can find it – My latest release from Choc Lit is Monsoon Mists and it’s a historical romance and adventure story, set in India in 1759 (the third book in my Kinross series). It features Jamie Kinross, a gem trader who embarks on a dangerous mission, carrying the stolen talisman of an Indian Rajah. When he encounters Zarmina Miller, he’s instantly tempted by the so called “Ice Widow”, but he soon begins to see another side to her – a dark past to rival his own and a heart just waiting to be thawed. But is it too late? And what is he to do with the talisman? (Monsoon Mists on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monsoon-Mists-Kinross-Christina-Courtenay/dp/1781891672/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1415047686&sr=1-1

Under my real name, Pia Fenton, I’ve also recently self-published the second book in my “Northbrooke High” YA series, New England Crush, which is a contemporary story about a British girl who attends a US high school for a year.  She enjoys it more than she thought she would and everything would be perfect if she wasn’t crushing on the one boy she can’t have – a jock whose current girlfriend will fight for him by fair means or foul (well, mostly foul!)  It’s out on Kindle now and coming in paperback within the next two weeks. (New England Crush on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/England-Crush-Northbrooke-High-Book-ebook/dp/B00OYLB636/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1418492749&sr=1-1&keywords=new+england+crush


Social media links:-

Bio – Christina Courtenay writes historical romance, time slip and YA contemporary romance, all published by independent publisher Choc Lit.  She is half Swedish and was brought up in Sweden. In her teens, she moved to Japan where she had the opportunity to travel extensively in the Far East.  Christina is the current chairman of the UK’s Romantic Novelists’ Association (RNA).  Her novels Highland Storms and The Gilded Fan have both won the Romantic Novel Award (RoNA) for Best Historical Romantic Novel of the year (in 2012 and 2014 respectively).  Her latest novels are The Secret Kiss of Darkness (time slip), Monsoon Mists (historical romance) and New England Crush (YA)



2 comments

  1. Many thanks again for having me as your guest, Rachel! Just wanted to add that New England Crush is now available in paperback too - http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-England-Crush-Northbrooke-High/dp/1503096351/ref=sr_1_2_twi_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418825926&sr=8-2&keywords=Pia+Fenton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE having fellow RNA members join me at my blog - means we get chance to catch up a little! :)

      Delete