Welcome Decadent Publishing author, Kasey Hammell!

Hi Kasey! Great to have you here and to be part of your tour - really looking forward to hearing more about you and your publishing journey :)

Welcome!

A decade ago, I worked online for multiple review sites. Reading nearly seven books a day, was something I looked forward to and loved sharing my passion for books, stories and authors with other readers. As my number of reviews increased and I got to know the authors that I reviewed via email thank yous and written notes, I started to get requests to critique stories before they were published, offer reader feedback before the releases went worldwide and found an enjoyment in that. Soon I began editing (though I do miss my own errors surprisingly—and thank heavens for CPs and my own editors), which soon led to my husband’s relentlessness. With his encouragement and gentle pushes, I began to think of the “What Ifs”. Should I, could I? What if he’s right and I can do it?

Then, the dream. Brady and Isabella – the characters in my very first book – came to me in a dream that I could see them clearly, knew their names and began to hear their voices. The next day I sat down to start their journey and finished it within four months. TO say I was surprised, shocked and overwhelmed is an understatement. I was like, now what? I submitted it nearly six years ago to a now-closed publisher, they loved it and signed me right away.

I did all the necessary startup things – website, CPs (Critique Partners), etc., and the real work began. With four releases under my belt within two years, I had to take a hiatus from writing when my father passed away unexpectedly and deal with his estate matters, move back to the homestead where I grew up in order to help my Mom run the farm. The move turned out better than I could have imagined … my kids had 185 acres to explore, are able to see their grandmother every day, I get to be with my Mom every day, the farm was a great investment.

However, the writing process vanished for me. I couldn’t begin to even feel anything romantic or passionate about writing. My father was one of my biggest supporters and without him, it seemed…empty.

It wasn’t until July of 2011 that I had another dream, about a WIP that I’d started years ago, and the hero started talking incessantly to me. Every day for weeks, he’d talk and talk. I will admit that I did resist. Thought I was going crazy to be honest. But after the first week or so, he started to make me laugh. The things and thoughts he had…he’s a very naughty man. Dare—short for Darren—is a hero in all sense of the word.

With his constant badgering, he brought back that spark that I’d been missing. I sat down, pulled out the WIP and read over what I already had. Found myself crying and laughing remembering exactly who Dare is and became eager to just write again. But, I held myself back a little. I thought, I’m going to take it one chapter at a time. No rushing, just one chapter then the next and when it’s done, it’ll be done. Once the MS was complete (and I always “sit” on a finished MS for a week or two then move to self-edits/read through, then get the CP to read it, etc.), I found myself eager to re-read the books that had once been published.

Upon reading them all again, I knew what I had to do. Share them with readers once again. Like epiphany, and though I know my Dad would have wanted me to do so all along, it became crystal-clear to me that I wasn’t being true to myself. I’d wanted to write, share my love of adventures and stories with readers and I’d given in too easily. I’d let the pain of loss overwhelm me and didn’t hold onto my writing.

Now, life is back on track, as is my heart, mind and soul. I’ve been blessed and know that I have a guardian angel constantly watching over me. And I’m smiling again. I look forward to writing, to creating, to battling with the characters and voices in my head.

I have some WIPs that will soon be going to publishers for consideration, and all current release information is on my website.

Now, I’m simply an author with a mission – to write, share stories with readers and do it because I love it.

Thank you for having me at your blog!

Kacey

Readers are welcome contact me at kaceyhammell@gmail.com

And follow me at …

Website/Blog

Facebook

Twitter

Amazon

Goodreads


Excerpt:

Knowing she would soon run out of time before his arrival, and getting more aroused by the second, Isabella hurriedly reached for her bath sponge. Soaping it up, she cleansed her body with an eagerness she was growing accustomed to feeling whenever she had plans to see him.

Sponging all suds from her clean body, Isabella pulled the plug in the drain, and stood in the tub, reaching for a thick, blue towel from the shelf.

She rubbed vigorously at her body, drying it, and reached for the strawberry body lotion that went with her bubble bath. She poured a generous amount into her palm, rubbing her hands together to coat them in the sweet smell. Then she smoothed it over her arms, her breasts, stomach, and legs. The scent of strawberries made her smile.

Humming Destiny’s Child’s ancient hit Soldier to herself, Isabella wondered how many more minutes she’d have to wait before her soldier made an appearance.

She recapped the body lotion and tucked the towel loosely around her once again. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard the sound of the front door closing.

She hazarded a glance in the mirror. With the mussed, damp tendrils of hair around her shoulders, the towel haphazardly wrapped around her, she looked like a woman eager for a man’s—her man’s—touch.

The sound of a boot hitting the floor with a thud caused her to smile, and she moved to the doorway of the bathroom.

Hearing another boot drop and the sound of heavy breathing, Isabella peered into the hallway. When he finally came into view, she was already breathless, even though she had been expecting him.

Dressed in his usual black denim, form-fitting jeans, and dark hair damp as if he too had taken a few moments to clean up, he was a sight to behold.

Isabella’s heart thudded rapidly and her legs threatened to give out. She noticed his leather jacket, undone, over a naked torso. Obviously his zealousness to be with her had him forgetting a few things.

There they were. The abs, the washboard stomach had her literally teetering on the edge of orgasm already—and he hadn’t even touched her.

Finally lifting her gaze to his face, his smoldering silver-gray eyes captured hers. She had to lean against the doorjamb for support.

He always made her speechless. His beauty, his charm oozed from him with no effort at all. How she had gone so long, so many years as friends with him and never really noticed him in such a way before? Some detective she was, not seeing what was directly in front of her.

As he moved toward her, his pace slowed, as if he knew the effect he was having on her and wanted her to crave him more desperately than ever. His face broke into a sinful grin, telling her he knew exactly what he was playing at.

Never one to let anyone, least of all this man, have the upper hand, Isabella let go of the towel she was still holding around her. It slithered downed her body, pooling at her feet. Noting his small stumble mid-stride, she relished the power she had over him.

Naked and confident, she smiled at the man she needed to feel against her. Desperate to have his hands on her, she called to him.

“Brady….”


Canadian-born author, Kacey Hammell is a self-proclaimed book-a-holic, who began reading romances at a young age and became easily addicted. As a Mom of three, Kacey has made certain that each of her children know the value of the written word and the adventures they could escape on by becoming book-a-holics in their own right.

A decade ago, while working for multiple review sites, Kacey quickly discovered that she was developing the writing bug. Thanks to the encouragement of her own beloved hero husband, she decided to try her hand at writing.

With a love of contemporary settings, modern day romances and the happily ever after, as well as the excitement of suspense, Kacey creates stories in genres she’s familiar with and that she loves most. She also loves vampires who nibble the necks of the heroines, ghosts who can't leave a loved one, shape-shifters who are sexier than hell and the thought of her very own werewolf or were-cat to tame makes her tremble!
Readers can contact Kacey at kaceyhammell@gmail.com

Thanks for being here Kasey!

Just to let you know Kasey is giving away a goodie package sent via snail mail (consisting of magnets, pen, notepads), plus THREE (3) ebooks of their choice from Decadent Publishing to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour and a $20 Amazon gift certificate to the host with the most comments (excluding Kacey’s or the host's).

Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning.The tour dates can be found here: http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2012/01/virtual-book-tour-illusions-by-kacey.html

Good luck!


4 comments

  1. I hope you tour your next book too. I love the concept of your story. I am hoping to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much ! Yes, I will definitely tour Awakenings, which is the sequel to Illusions. :D
    Thanx for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kacey, I am glad you are sharing your stories! I had to Indie publish to share mine.
    Gotta check out this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kacey...You were reading nearly 7 books a day??? That's just amazing. I'm a librarian and I don't read even 7 books in a month. I would love to be such a good, efficient reader!

    ReplyDelete